XCLUB-COOL STUFF AROUND YOU

找回密码
 Register
查看: 4|回复: 0

Luiz refusing to write off Arsenal’s top-four chances despite having 10-point gap to bridge

[复制链接]

Threads

Xpoints

Jade Star LV1

发表于 2021-03-19 14:08:30 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
[p]      

[p]The experienced Brazilian defender believes that, on the back of a derby win over Tottenham, anything could still happen from here

[p]David Luiz is refusing to give up on Arsenal’s bid to secure a top-four finish, with the Brazilian defender looking for a derby win over Tottenham to act as a springboard.

[p]The Gunners edged out their north London neighbours 2-1 in their latest Premier League fixture, but remain 10th in the table.

[p]A 10-point gap separates them from the Champions League qualification spots, but they still have 10 games to take in and believe anything is possible in a sprint towards the line.

[p]What has been said?

[p]Luiz told reporters of the Gunners’ top-four chances on the back of a morale-boosting victory at home to Spurs: “We have to try and continue in this way, try to improve.

[p]“We are far (off), but we have a great team and we can continue in this way and try to win points every week.”

[p]What does Arsenal’s fixture list look like?

[p]The Gunners are entering a crucial stage of their 2020-21 endeavours.

[p]The second leg of a Europa League last-16 encounter with Olympiacos that Mikel Arteta’s side lead 3-1 is next on the agenda, before then facing another London derby date with West Ham.

[p]A visit from Liverpool will be taken in after the March international break, meaning that two fellow top-four hopefuls will be tackled in their next two outings.

[p]Arsenal are also due to meet Everton and Chelsea before the end of the season, with there still all to play for at the business end of an enthralling campaign.

[p]The bigger picture

[p]Arteta’s side have suffered only one defeat in their last eight games in all competitions, with that solitary reversal coming against runaway Premier League leaders Manchester City.

[p]Consistency is being found at just the right time, with Luiz admitting that a win over Spurs – who were reduced to 10 men after seeing rabona goalscorer Erik Lamela sent off - could prove vital come the final reckoning.

[p]He added: “It is always a big game, a big derby with big history and everybody knows about this game.

[p]“I think we did so, so well in the game – apart from the last 10 minutes where our team played with a lot of emotion and didn’t use our brains to control the game and use one more player on the pitch.

[p]“But that is part of these kinds of games and I am so happy because the team has an identity, we try to control the possession and score all the time but I think we just have to be more efficient up front.

[p]“It is never easy to play against them but I am so happy with the performance of the team, because we really understood the game before it started, how we had to beat them and I think we did that on the pitch.”

[p]

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?Register

x
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | Register

本版积分规则

Infinix Official Website|Infinix official mall|infinix Note 4|XCLUB-COOL STUFF AROUND YOU

GMT+8, 2021-04-13 19:00 , Processed in 0.043073 second(s), 20 queries .